Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blessings

I wrote this post on April 29, for some reason I forgot to publish it.



Today was Jacks blessing day.  After lots of planning and work, the day turned out to be wonderful.  Dressed in his daddy's blessing outfit, my little man look absolutely darling.  Drew and I were both worried that he would scream through the blessing, but Jack did fantastic.  He started to fuss at the end, but considering our sacrament meeting is right when his normal nap time is, I am shocked he was not more fussy.  When Drew finished blessing him and sat down, the baby started to act up.  I took Jack out in the foyer, and after just a few minutes I was able to to rock him to sleep.  As I held my sleeping baby in my arms I thought back to his birth and realized how fast the last three and a half months have gone by.  Today Jack was given a very special blessing by his father.  Three and a half months ago, we were given the blessing of parenthood by our father in heaven, the greatest blessing we have ever received.

I am ashamed to admit that I dont spend as much time counting my blessings as I should.  I often catch myself thinking and saying "when ______ happens then I will be happy"  or "I cant wait till jack does ______".  I am always so quick to forget that each day that I have my little baby and my wonderful husband is in itself a blessing. 

I am blessed to have an AMAZING husband.  He is going to school full time and working 40+ hours a week to provide for my and our son.  His hard work allows me to work the minimum hours required for me to keep my nursing license.  He is always kind and patient with me.  He makes me feel beautiful, and tells me he loves me every day.

I am blessed to be a mother.  I get to wake up to smiles and coo's.  I will never get enough of his darling toothless grin, and I will never be able to kiss his chubby cheeks enough.  I love that I get to spend most of my days playing with my son and watching him grow.  Its an amazing feeling to be a mom. 

The best advice I received at a baby shower was this "when you look back on your life you will never wish that you worked more, kept the house cleaner, or spent more time on leisure activities.  You will wish you spent more time cherishing your child at every stage." This is the truth. I am so grateful for the days where I spent most of my time holding and playing with Jack. 

Everyday that I spend with my husband and my son is a blessing.  Every day is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment